So after bringing home and conditioning all of my flowers, it was time to start into the bouquet making! For this wedding, I made a bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets, and 4 bouts.
The bridal bouquet was first up- Kelly wanted her bouquet to be more saturated, and more pink, with the bridesmaids creamier and more neutral.
I started making the “focal cluster” of a few crossed stems for her bouquet with a cafe au lait dahlia, the light pink lisianthus, dusty miller, hypericum berries, and tuberose:
But ultimately decided to leave both hypericum berries and tuberose out of the bridal bouquet, and use it just in the bouts and bridesmaid bouquets- so here’s my fresh start:
The finished bouquet contained: 3 cafe au lait dahlias (the pinkest ones), 6-7 stems each of creamy pink lisianthus and pink ranunculus, a few stems of dusty miller, a few sprigs of silver brunia berries, and 5 pale pink and white fringed tulips.
It was wrapped in a textured ivory colored ribbon that I didn’t do a good job of photographing, and pinned with coppery blush colored pearlized pins:
Tomorrow I’ll share the bridesmaid bouquets, the bouts, and a list of all of the flowers I bought, plus the flowers I actually used for the 4 bouquets!